Important measures still apply in the summer semester, in order to help stem or to slow down the spread of the coronavirus. The ISW follows the official decisions of the state of Baden-Württemberg and of the university management. The following overview specifies these guidelines and explains the realization at the ISW.
- The lectures of the ISW take place online - inform yourself in campus and ilias. There are recorded lectures and live lectures. The files and recordings will be uploaded in the corresponding ILIAS courses according to the progress of the lectures.
- According to the current status, the laboratories of the ISW (APMB, SF, …) will be largely organized as on-site events. Attention is paid to compliance with hygiene guidelines such as sufficient distance and regular ventilation. Therefore, there are smaller groups and more dates. In addition, mouth and nose have to be covered even at the seat. It is strongly recommended that a rapid corona test is conducted prior to the laboratories. The dates and registration modalities for the laboratories can be found in the section Lehre >> Praktika.
- The student work rooms of the ISW in the Seidenstraße (Projektarbeitsraum, Simulationslabor, Studentisches Applikationslabor, StudPool, Projektlabor Elektronik und Studentenlabor Mechanik/Kommunikation, Maschinenhalle) are reopened to a limited extent. The utilisation is only possible for few students after prior reservation via the calender in nextcloud. Please contact your supervisor for further information.
- The presentations of the thesis take place online. A meeting room in webex is available for this purpose. The access data and further information can be found on the page for theses. Visitors can ask question in the chat or with their microfon. To credit the visit, minimum one sensibke question has to be asked for each presentation.
- At the entire University of Stuttgart, there is a general obligation to cover your mouth and nose on all transitional spaces and circulation areas, as well as if it isn't possible to maintain the minimum distance. This includes entrance areas, corridors and staircases, but also sanitary facilities and kitchens. In this case, it is also compulsory to cover your mouth and nose at your seat.You will find more information in the corona guidelines “University Operations and Art".
- With the closure of the buildings of the university, the building of the ISW can only be entered by employees with a key. Please refrain from visits at the ISW in person. Clarify your request by telephone or e-mail instead.
- If there is a meeting in person, it is strongly recommended to bring a negative rapid corona test. To protect against the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, there is a ban on people entering the building, who are in contact with a person infected with the coronavirus, or who show typical symptoms of an infection, or who do not cover mouth and nose.
- Many employees of the ISW are working at home. You can still join them by phone or e-mail. Please use these contact possiblities which can be found on the homepage.
Please be considerate and help to keep the spread of the virus to a minimum. Use the following information and actions to protect yourself and others. We wish you all the best and stay healthy.
Further information can be found on the following sites:
- Current information of the university: https://www.uni-stuttgart.de/en/university/news/corona/
- Up-to-date information of the state of Baden-Württemberg: https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/de/service/aktuelle-infos-zu-corona/
- Advices of the city of Stuttgart: https://www.stuttgart.de/corona/
Overview of the Robert Koch Institute: https://www.rki.de/EN/Home/homepage_node.html